Monday, June 21, 2010

For Many Happy Feeties

I don't know why, but lately I have been on a little bit of a sock kick. hehehe...wow, that wasn't even intentional.

I am not entirely sure why, but socks have been a bit of an obsession lately. Mayhaps it is because they are so wee. I finished the baby blankie for one of my co-workers a few weeks back (and, as a side note, she gave birth to a beautiful little boy last saturday afternoon). I was really happy with how it turned out:

But good lord did it take much more thought than I had hoped (damn lacy bits followed by damn cable-y bits).

I also finished up a couple of scarves (yes, when it is 30 degrees outside, this is the perfect time to knit scarves, dammit).



And then the sock rampage began:



I LOVE LOVE LOVE the pattern for these baby socks. (Ok, 18 mo - 2 years...close enough to baby.) They took about 2 days on my daily commute to do. So great. Thinking I will have to make up a few pairs before the colder weather hits. (Yes, I am cruel and evil and already considering the colder weather...fak off.)

Anywho, I am now deciding what I want to do with the lovely halloween-y yarn that I picked up on my honeymoon. I am thinking maybe monkey. I don't know yet.

For those who haven't seen Dr. Horrible's Sing-a-Long Blog...see it. SEEEIIITTTT!!!! I have a great big, fat and juicy hard on for NPH - come on, how can you not love this:


Now go...waste away your life watching internet shows...go, do it....do it now...

I, however, am off to knit.

Oh, and maybe pack a little. :S Maybe.

ttfn
kb

No comments: