Friday, April 30, 2010

Yep...I Made It

Well, it is the end of my first week back at work. Yes, technically it hasn't been a full week...but close enough. I made it to a Friday. That is what counts.

We had a little trauma and stress my first day. Ok, I was a bundle of nerves. Everything that I have done for so long without thought was suddenly so surreal. Waiting for the train was an experience in itself. I forgot the number of people...and how pushy they are. I forgot that the proper way to wait on the GO Transit platform is to find a position right on the edge of the yellow line, spread both legs shoulder width apart, and transfer all weight to your lower body in an effort to keep back any and all persons who may attemtpt to usurp your position in line for charging the doors upon their opening.

Sheesh! I guess I am used to the slower paced now. You know, the "quieter" life. I want it back. *sniff*

I am, however, going to be teaching a few of my co-workers and other miscellaneous people down here how to knit. I have had a few express interest, and since the nicer weather is starting to come upon us, I figure we can head outside, and whoever wants to join, joins.

That is really all that is going on. As I said, I survived the first week. Go me!

ttfn
k

No comments: