Monday, May 16, 2011

Fate is just an Energetic Child with a Short Attention Span

Today I headed out on the town (a work related assignment to be sure) with one of my boss ladies. Nothing special, but at this moment in time, anything that is outside of the areas that I already know is exciting. It still makes me happy. These are thing little things that make me feel like a local. So when others say “oh, you know where place xyz is” I can say “oh yeah, I’ve been down that way”.

So in my journey, I discovered that it was wholly unnecessary for me to be there, but I did find a mall. One that one day, when I have a little money, I would love to go and see again. For the moment, a quick stop at the drugstore there will have to suffice.

I am about 14 inches into the shawl now. It is coming along really nicely. I forgot just how much I like the feel of bamboo. It is infinitely soft and glorious to the touch. And I realize that I don’t need it until july, but I would rather have it done sooner than later. And the fact of the matter is that I just really like this yarn.

Plus my other boss lady’s birthday is in August. So 4 weeks after this one is given, I have something else due. I know, logically, that they aren’t “due” per se, but the fact of the matter is that I like making things for people. It gives a birthday gift that extra oomph. (I say that knowing full well that I HATE making this for people when I feel I have to, or they feel I should. Go get your own talent!)

And every time that you see a person wearing something that you lovingly and/or painstakingly spent hours creating, there is a simple and pure beauty to that that cannot be described.

In other news, I just recently finished reading A Nameless Witch. Awesome read. With some really intelligent and humourous quotes (such as the title of this post).

And my super squee of the day: The Neil Gaiman written Doctor Who was the one that played this weekend past. I haven't seen it yet, but I have it PVR'd...wOOt!! So excited for that.

Anywho, is that magical time of the day when my bed starts calling for me.

ttfn
k.

No comments: