Thursday, December 20, 2007

Because i am bored, you will all have to make do with my rambling

So I am currently working some overtime (who doesn't need a few extra bucks come the post-holiday credit card season??), and i must say...I am bored out of my freakin skull. The person who i am currently booked in with, well, I have been here for 4 hours, and have done nothing for. Nothing. What the hell? I mean, okay, sure, it is nice to know that I am getting paid time and a half to sit here making up my grocery list for Christmas dinner, but come on...

I spent an ungodly amount of time perusing the blog of one of my ravelry friends (http://www.knitxcore.com/). Not that his site is ungodly, or that there is anything wrong in reading about the daily comings and goings of virtual strangers, but I feel empty. I could have been home knitting. Sure, I would not have been making extra money, but I could have been knitting.

But instead, I have spent the last few hours learning:

1. Jamie Lynn Spears is pregnant, and apparently the father has committed a crime in having slept with her, however no one has yet filed charges.

2. knitxcore has the attention span of a walnut.

3. There are literally hundreds of recipes for Seven Layer Salad, none of which seem to have the ingredients I remember in my mom's one from my childhood (must do further research...or pick up a phone and call her about this).

4. Lawyers cannot spell...even with a spell checker on, they ignore the warning of an incorrectly spelled word, and continue on their merry way.

5. The world is way to small some days...

And still none of this learning has brought me any closer to achieving ultimate enlightenment.

Pity.

ttfn
k.

No comments: