Wednesday, May 9, 2007

As I mentioned...

As I previously mentioned, prior to knitting, I used to cross stitch. This is the one which I completed for my daughter when she was born:

I know...the quality of the picture isn't that good...but I have never once claimed to be a photographer. :)

I have been going through a bit of a cleaning phase lately. Trying to get rid of a bunch of things that I find I no longer need, use, etc. The latest of these has been, inevitably, those items which I had held on to in the belief that I may have had another child by this point in time in my life. This has not been the case, and I have a feeling it will be a long time, if at all, before another child is a part of my future. And going hand in hand with that is the fact that those cross stitches which I had completed with the intent of making another plaque for that wished for child should go to some use. So I have decided to sell them (along with the crib, toddler bed, and other baby items I have held on to). Below is one of those items. I love the design. It is so simple, but I also have the pattern to do a quilt, sleeper, bib, towel, etc. :)

On the topic of pieces I have done (yes, I realize that none of this has anything to do with my current projects, but I promise, I will give an update...as pitiful as it is...), this is the poncho I made for my daughter a while ago (one of the first things I made when I decided to start knitting again). She wore it for about 4 days solid, until she fell asleep on her side and I was able to slip it over her head. And yes, that made me monsterously happy.

I love the colours in this yarn. Oddly enough, the yarn was given to me by Ammy's old daycare, as they received it as part of a donation, and they felt that it was too much for them to use in the short time the daycare had left. :(

Now for the update...I warned you, it is kinda pitiful. But please remember the entry below...I got about a third done, and had to remove it all. :( (Of course, my day went to hell in a hand-basket after that...I should have known everything else would turn to crap when I came to the realization I had to start the entire front over again...but I guess we all go through those days.)


I suppose that is all for today, kiddies. Happy knitting!

ttfn
k.

No comments: