The coat is from an old pattern (circa 1970s) and is knit in 5 pieces. I am hoping that I will get the initiative and drive to have it done for fall 07...one can hope.
I have also begun working on one of the pieces mentioned before, one of the ones that has been sitting at the bottom of a bin for the last, oh, 4-5 years...sadly, I discovered that for some unknown reason, I made the right side of the coat about 4 inches shorter than the left and back...hmmm...oh well. I will just have to hope and pray to the knitting gods that I have enough yarn to make the right side and right front panel.
As I was over at the Great Canadian Superstore on the weekend (mother's day...needed flowers...love that store), I noticed that they have all their yarn on sale for $0.24! It is actually fairly nice yarn. So, being the ever diligent mother, I let my daughter pick out a colour, and have begun a dress for her. It will be my first time knitting something in the round, so I am not entirely sure how it will turn out (literally, at this point in time, I have casted on, and worked one round...not enough to post anything, for all you will see is a row of pink over a set of circular needles...).